Friday, February 7, 2014

Studio 490 Card

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a card that I made using lots of Wendy Vecchi product.  I was playing around with a new technique that I learned from Wendy on her Pinterest here for the background and her blog here to color the flower .  I took rubbing alcohol, Archival Inks, Tim Holtz's Detail Water Brush and Rangers Specialty Stamping Paper and followed Wendy's tutorial instructions and it was like magic!  It's really important that you use the Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper with this technique, the paper doesn't buckle at all from all the moisture.
The background colors that I used were Orange Blossom and Cornflower Blue in the Archival Inks.  To color the geranium I used Red Geranium and to color the leaves I used Fern Green Archival Inks.  I used Watering Can Archival Ink for all the stamping.  Here is a list of the Studio 490 stamps that I used:
Forever Art SCS113, Collectible Art SCS043, Tales of Art LCS094, Remnants of Art LCS066 and Busy Making Art LCS100.
I used Wendy Vecchi stencils on the background to add some dimension.  To add a little extra pizzazz I did layer a few of the geranium petals and a couple of the geranium leaves with foam dots.  I also added a bee from Wendy's Blossom Bucket Collection.
I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I encourage you to go check out Wendy's blog she always has a TON of fun tutorials and ideas on her blog, she is a very talented lady!  Thanks for looking.


2 comments: