Friday, February 28, 2014

Practical Scrappers Birthday Card Challenge

Hi everyone, hope you've had a good week so far.  Today I'm sharing a card that I made for Practical Scrappers Birthday Card Challenge.
I know the next three pictures are a little on the dark side, but it's the only way I could really get the glitter to stand out.  You can really see the detail if you click on the photos!

To start with I used Neenah card stock, Classic Crest Solar White 80 Cover for everything.  The base of my card was cut 5.5 x 4.25 and scored down the center and folded.  Then, I used several dies from Memory Box to cut the shapes, I will list all the dies at the end.  I stamped a happy birthday sentiment using a Just Right Cling Stamp Set "botanical swirls label SW – 04100" and Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger.  I did a little heat embossing, just skimming across portions that I wanted highlighted using Stampendous Frantage Shabby White & Pink Embossing Enamels and Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing Ink Pad.  I layered everything using foam dots and finishing off with a double layered bow.  

Here is a close-up/side view shot so you can see the layers better.

The Memory Box dies are listed here:
Perched Reed Bird - 98160
Chadwick Label - 98209
Virtuoso Music - 98356
Cherise Label - 98402
Tiffany Frame - 98401
I hope you all enjoyed my Birthday Day Card, there's a lot of other great b'day cards that other Design Team members have made over at the Practical Scrappers website!  Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment