Hello friends! Hope you're having a great weekend! I have a "Wicked Mini Burlap Panel" to share with you today! This will be a fun little addition, to my Halloween decorations! This is also a Design Team project for Inspiration Emporium.
I had a 3 inch unfinished candlestick in my stash that I painted with Black Soot Distress Paint.
After that had dried, I took a little sandpaper to the candlestick to grunge it up and expose some of the unfinished wood.
Wow, that always amazes me at what a big difference a little distressing makes!
I pre-drilled a hole, then attached the mini burlap panel to the candlestick using a 1 1/2 inch wood screw.
I distressed and attached a Clock Key to the top of the panel.
To start the rosette, I colored a 1 1/2 inch strip of manila cardstock with Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stains. Then gave a little spritz of water and dried with a heat tool.
After die cutting my rosette I ran a strip of the new Regions Beyond Design Tape all along the center.
Tim has a great video here for his rosette assembly.
I glued some vintage book paper to a scrap of Mixed Media Cardstock just to give it some strength and stability using a Ranger Collage Glue Stick. Then, I stamped the Mini Undertaker with Jet Black Archival Ink and cut out with scissors.
I adhered the Mini Undertaker to the center of the rosette using foam dot adhesive. I wanted to give him just a little bit of height off of that rosette.
I die cut a few bats out of grungeboard, then painted with Black Soot Distress Ink and let dry. I put the dried bats on a scrap piece of paper, to protect my nonstick craft sheet and sanded a little of the finish off using a sanding grip to expose some of that grunge.
I ended up only using three of the bats and I glued them to some coils of wire and let dry.
I had a scrap of dyed cheesecloth that I used behind the rosette. I glued the cheesecloth down first, then added the wired bats (after I cut the wire down just a little bit) then glued in place before adding the rosette.
I love these Wicked Alpha Parts they are so much fun to distress!
I chose Rusty Hinge, Hickory Smoke, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint Distress Paint to color my word "Wicked" then after it was good and dry I added a layer of Glossy Accents to the surface.
I attached my wording and added some distressed Idea-ology pieces to the rosette and hat.
To finish this piece off, I added some of the Adornments Oddities dangling from a screw eye that I attached to the bottom of the Mini Burlap Panel. I distressed them and punched a hole in the "beware" token to dangle the bat! This was so much fun to make, I hope you give it a try and add to your spooky Halloween decor!
You can find most of the supplies I used at Inspiration Emporium via the links below. Remember to use my coupon code - vintagemuse - to save 10% on your order. That wraps it up for me, I hope you enjoyed todays project! As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!