Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easter Eggs and an Easter Card!

Hello friends!  It's April 1 and I find myself wondering where did March go?  For me (where I live) April means hopefully no more snow and warmer temperatures, so yes I'm happy it's April!  Easter is almost here so I had to get a few goodies made.
 I tend to like to add a few new things each year to my seasonal decorations and maybe retire a few things too.  This year I decided I needed new easter eggs!
I started out with plain papier-mâché eggs in a couple different sizes.  I gave them a good coat of gesso and let them air dry.
 I took some Tim Holtz tissue wrap and tore into small pieces, then using ranger multi medium I decoupaged the tissue onto the eggs and let air dry.
I choose several distress paint colors to brighten my eggs.  I used a smidge of white to mute the bright colors a little.  I did add a little water to the paint to make it a little more translucent on the eggs.
 I choose several Easter and spring themed stamps for my tissue paper.  I used black Stazon ink to stamp on the plain tissue paper.  Stamp one layer of tissue at a time and then air dry.
  After I cut out my stamped images, I decoupaged them to my eggs using Ranger Multi Medium and a paint brush.
 To ensure the tissue paper will be virtually invisible, make sure you have a generous coat of multi medium applied to your egg before laying the tissue on top.  You can always use your finger as a squeegee to remove excess multi medium, just be careful not to tear the tissue paper. Then air dry.
 I wanted to grunge my eggs up a little, so I took the vintage photo distress marker and added a little mark and smudged with my finger in random areas all over the eggs.
 If you want it a little darker just add another mark and do a little more smudging.
I also colored my bunnies the same way, with a few marks here and there then smudged with my finger.
 I just had to make an Easter card to go with my Easter eggs! ;)
 To start with I selected a portion of easter paper from the Tim Holtz seasonal paper stash paper pad.  I measured how much I would need to fit inside my cabinet card.  I also selected an additional cut out to overlay on a portion of the paper.
 I shaded the paper with walnut stain distress ink and a blending tool and distressed with a bone folder.
  I cut out some grass, bows and a curvy banner with Tim Holtz dies using Kraft Core card stock.  I used a standing grip to sand off some color of the cardstock to expose the kraft core.  I shaded the paper pieces with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a blending tool.
 I created two layers to the grass.   The top layer was a series of three blades glued randomly along the cabinet card.  The second layer used foam squares for dimension.
 I used a lower profile foam square for the left side and a higher profile foam square for the right side.  The right side needs a little more room for the bunny to rest, between the two layers of grass.
 My original inspiration for this bunny was from a tim project here.  Still love that little wool felt bunny!!!  I colored the Heirloom Rose using mushroom, lemonade and gold alcohol ink.
  I stamped several eggs onto distress watercolor paper using colors that I thought would go well with my theme.
 I misted a little water onto the stamp after it was inked to create that watercolor color affect on the paper.  Then dried the watercolor paper with a heat tool.
 I used pumice stone distress ink to stamp speckles onto the eggs.
 I cut out the eggs, then shaded with walnut stain distress ink and a blending tool.  Then distressed with a bone folder.
  I placed eggs between layers and blades of grass and adhered to card using glue.
 I found the word "blessings" in Tim's big chat stickers and thought it would work great for my card.  I shaded with antique linen distress ink and cut notches out of each side with my scissors.
 I diecut the curvy banner with Kraft Core cardstock #2, but I decided to give it a flip and use the kraft color instead of the pink.  I stamped Easter using Hero Arts Printers Type alphabet set and black Archival Ink.  I added a crinkle ribbon bow and finished gluing everything in place.
 This card is headed out the door today to my parents house!  Happy soon to be Easter!  You can find most of the supplies I used at Inspiration Emporium via the links below. Remember to use my coupon code - vintagemuse - to save 10% on your order.  If you have any questions or if there's anything I missed please let me know I love your comments, I appreciate each and everyone of them!  As always thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!  xx




7 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much I love this. I want to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning make Bobbi, I love how you did the eggs, they look amazing in the wonderful cage. Love this... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super Easter project Bobbi.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome projects and tutorial Bobbi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic Bobbi! I gasped with delight when I saw these on instagram! I just love how your creative mind works. I am definitely going to try some of these. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bobbi these eggs are adorable... and love that card to! I've been playing with the bunny and the grass and eggs the last couple of days too ... so fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. so delightful!thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete