Friday, January 24, 2014

Color Combo Inspiration Card

Happy Friday!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for Practical Scrappers.  Our inspiration challenge was this color swatch from Design Seeds, so here's my take on it.
I used Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes collection, the colors worked out just great.
For the base of the card I used Bazzill's Kraft cardstock cut 12x6 and scored down the center.  All the printed paper came from the Maggie Holmes 6 x 6 pad.  I cut the largest doily out, then I trimmed a piece of the ledger paper.  I also cut out three banners in three different sizes a small, medium and a large.  The polkadot paper was trimmed down about an eighth of an inch all-around just to give it a little bit of the border.  The wooden veneers are from Studio Calico.  All of the paper was distressed and shaded with Tim Holtz walnut stain ink and a blending tool.  Last but not least, the enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye Cut-and-Paste collection.  Head on over to the Practical Scrappers Blog and check out the other cards and layout that other design team members did with this color combo inspiration, very talented gals over there.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment